Connect, recharge and enjoy life – The LivNordic Way
After joining Raison d’Etre in 1999, I travelled the world, designing and opening spas and studying the health and healing traditions of many different countries in the process. In 2003 I returned home to my native Sweden and found myself once again inspired by the extraordinary quality of living that defines the Nordic cultures and people.
I took over management and eventually ownership of Raison d’Etre in 2011 by which time I had gathered a team of likeminded peers, who were passionate about life, wellness and service, to continue designing spas and spa brands worldwide. Together we explored the spiritual, social and economic elements that makes Scandinavia some of the happiest, wealthiest, most beautiful and environmentally sustainable countries on earth today.
By reflecting on our traditions and cultures, we found that the balanced and healthy lifestyle enjoyed by the Nordic people, was based on four simple principles:
A deep abiding love for nature;
Cultivating authentic relationships with others, our environment and ourselves;
Connecting to the inner stillness at the heart of Nordic wellness;
Enjoying the natural simplicity found in all things Scandinavian
We adopted these principles as the founding values for creating LivNordic, a unique luxury lifestyle Hotel and Wellbeing brand offering our guests spaces to connect, recharge and enjoy life – The Nordic Way.
Partner, Raison d’Etre
Our first LivNordic Spa was successfully opened in Stockholm in 2009. Today we are found on Luxury Cruise Ships and as Memberships Spas in the Middle East.
The innovative and creative simplicity of what the LivNordic brand offers to our wellness and wellbeing continued to inspire and we have now expanded the brand concept and values to create LivNordic Hotels and Wellbeing.
Please visit our LivNordic website for more information about the brand, where our LivNordic Hotels and Spas can be found and how to contact us to implement LivNordic into your project.
The Grand Hôtel Nordic Spa & Fitness – originally called LivNordic, by Raison d’Etre, is Nordic in its design, experience and offerings and is furthermore one of the most likely one of the most sustainable spas built to this date in the world.
Connectivity to nature, a healthy lifestyle, beauty and sound mind are all characteristics of the Nordic people. The LivNordic Spa pursues holistic wellbeing by drawing on the rich resources that Nordic culture, both traditional and contemporary, has to offer.
“Swedes and Nordic people are known for their health and beauty treatments and have a sound approach to a balanced lifestyle. We have therefore created something completely unique in today’s spa world, as there is no other Nordic wellness brand in the marketplace. It is really exciting to be able to expand this concept and continue the success of our LivNordic Spa in Stockholm”
– Anna Bjurstam
Are you interested in opening a LivNordic spa outside Sweden, please contact Annika Jackson, Director of Business Development at email@example.com or Anna-Cari Gund, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternative health practitioners averaging 150 treatments per month or 15% of total treatments,
- A Nordic health café, unique Nordic experiences and arguably the best Swedish Massage in Stockholm, one of the spa’s most popular treatments.
- A full membership club with a long waiting list
- 6 personal trainers conducting about 500 personal training sessions per month, with an expertise in functional training, cross training, red cord, TRX, yoga, pilates, nutrition, naprapathy, massage and out door training.
- The Nordic Bathing experience with sauna, birch and cold dip and this experience can be enhanced with the Nordic Bathing de Luxe, whereby you apply products and follow the guidelines on how to make the most out of our very healthy way of bathing.
- Our own LivNordic organic hand-picked products from the Nordic countries.
- Our three unique 2 hour Nordic massages; Nordic Thai Massage, Arctic Detox Massage, Total Relaxation Massage