Sleep better in the heat
The hot season is here! In the more Southern parts of Europe the sleep is disturbed by the heat and in the Northern parts of Europe the sleep can be disturbed by the light…even at night time. If you haven’t yet experienced the magical summer nights in Northern part of Scandinavia, do put it on your bucket list. The summer nights are pure magic in June, (except for the mosquitos)…
But, how can we take care of our sleep during the summer, particularly in the warmer climate? Here are some of our advices to stay cool and sleep well throughout June, July and August…
- Try to only use AC, 30 minutes before you go to bed. Turn it off when you go to sleep, instead of having it on all night.
- Change your bed sheets to cotton fabric.
- Take a cold shower before going to bed, or at least shower the legs with cold water.
- Adapt your sporting-schedule, exercise early in the mornings.
- Unplug all electric gadgets in your room, and no IPADs or laptops one hour before bed time.
- Drink enough water during the day. (or why not chilled herbal teas)
- Eat light in the summer evenings. Avoid too spice and “heavy” food.
- Do a short meditation or calming breathing exercise before bedtime…