What is corporate wellness?
Corporate wellness, also known as corporate well-being, is the concept of maintaining a high level of well-being and health among a company’s staff.
The purpose of corporate wellness is to prevent and minimize health risks in the workplace. As an employer it’s your responsibility to make sure your staff get access to the corporate wellness that your work environment circumstances require in the workplace.
Why is corporate wellness so important?
Corporate wellness is important for one simple reason: because your employees are your greatest asset. They make the wheels turn and without them there simply would not be a business. You NEED to give them the resources and opportunity to take care of themselves, not only for their own benefit, but also your own and the company’s benefit.
With a well-established corporate wellness program, you can expect the following benefits:
- Increased productivity as people are healthier, resulting in more energy and happier people
- Improved health behaviors helping your employees adopt good health routines, improving their physical and mental health both in and off work
- Reduced risk of diseases. A healthier lifestyle = decreased risk of health risks such as high blood pressure, high blood sugar, etc.
- Increased employee engagement stemming from the establishing of a corporate wellness culture with group activities such as walking meetings and weight loss challenges everyone participates in
- Reduced stress from regular exercise and meditation through the wellness program
- Decreased absenteeism. Employees who are healthy and stress-free are less likely to be absent from work
- Improved employee retention by offering a corporate wellness program benefiting the employees, making them more likely to stay since the company shows that they care for them and gives them the opportunity to perform their best
- Increased employee morale. Morale and health walk hand in hand and are significant factors in determining the success of a company. Good health leads to happier employees, which in turn leads to a higher morale
- Breaks the monotony. Repetitive tasks can break even the strongest person lowering both morale and productivity. Wellness programs engage your employees, keeping them active, motivated, and healthy, and breaks the monotony of everyday tasks
- Reduced health care costs since your corporate wellness program promotes exercise and healthy eating, resulting in healthier people where they won’t have to visit the doctors as often
How do I create a corporate wellness program?
Trying your hand at creating your own wellness program can prove to be a bigger and more complex challenge than many employers expect. Not to say that it’s impossible, but in most cases your efforts are needed elsewhere, supporting and developing your business.
Instead, you should leave it to the professionals such as Raison d’Etre. We are a corporate wellness consultant who’s helped countless numbers of companies and organizations all around the world develop and establish a company culture focused on health and corporate wellness programs.
As a business wellness advisor, we offer tailor-made solutions where we help you from start to finish implement concrete and beneficial corporate wellness programs based on your needs, prerequisites, and budget. It doesn’t matter how big or small a company you are, or what type, with Raisons d’Etre as your wellness counsellor we can help you create the ideal wellness program for your business, promoting a healthy and happy workplace.
Our corporate wellness consultant services consist of 3 steps:
Together we take a close look at your circumstances and needs, creating plans and strategies according to them.
Based on the data and information we gathered, we develop measures and put them into action.
After the implementation of the program/process we observe and evaluate them, looking for possible improvements and adjust them accordingly.
Create a happier and healthier workplace with Raison d’Etre
We are a wellness expert with experience of establishing wellness programs within a wide range of industries. Contact us to take the necessary steps to create the ideal workplace for your employees today. Read more about our wellness consulting services, and wellness trends.